There is a very interesting conversation on Kindle Boards with Joe Konrath and the other Kindle authors on the subject of pricing. There is also a very interesting conversation on Goodreads about pre-publication publicity.
As I’m getting ready for a spring launch for “Swallow the Moon” I need to figure out what to do to generate some ‘buzz’ for the new book. To that end I have done a few things that I thought I would not do otherwise.
- I re-joined Authonomy, posting “Let’s Do Lunch” and creating a presence in the forums. The reason that I took this (drastic!) step was to promote my books. The changes to the rules appear to be working, so I will give them a chance.
- I dropped the Amazon price of “Let’s Do Lunch” to $1.99. This price change is in support of the Authonomy posting. We’ll see if it does any good.
- I’ve dug out and dusted off a couple short stories that I can turn into novelettes. These will go on sale for $.99 each.
- I have actively started looking for opportunities to promote my books and my blog. This means dusting off an interview with Zoe Winters and being interviewed by others.
- All of these action items are contingent on family matters remaining constant, at the very least, but I pray that the worst is over. Last year was ‘interesting’ in the worst possible sense of the word. It could have been a lot worse. Still my parents’ illness, my husband’s bike wreck and multiple hospitalizations sucked pretty damn bad.
I’ve got my goals and my action plan. Stay tuned.